Corporate Social Responsibility
Minimising the impact on our planet is a key driver in the Greeting Card industry and Wrapid have strived continuously to reduce their own impact through carefully managed segregation of waste streams to both recover value and minimise landfill or incineration.
Our responsibility has been further extended and recognised through our FSC Chain of custody certification for our paper products. Responsible and sustainable approaches to the planet's valuable forestry assets are essential and Wrapid are pleased to be associated with this International Organisation and will continue to support their continuous efforts.
Wrapid Manufacturing believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice
- Minimise our waste in production planning & processing and recycle as much of it as possible, such as paper, cardboard and polypropylene films
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport for employees where appropriate
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community
- As far as possible purchase products and services such as FSC paper that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
Ethical Trading Policy
We believe strongly in ethical principles & good stewardship and are committed to the concept of Universal Rights as outlined in the United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights covering:
- The state duty to protect human rights.
- The corporate responsibility to respect human rights.
- Access to remedy for victims of business-related abuses.
We are proud to guarantee that we trade according to the principles of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI) Base Code (shown below). We are also members of Sedex (Supplier Ethical Data Exchange), a not for profit membership organisation dedicated to driving improvements in ethical and responsible business practices in global supply chains.
Because of this commitment Wrapid work to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen.
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic.
- Child labour is not used.
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed the minimum wage.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practiced.
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract.
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed.
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
- Third Party Suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses. No restrictions, as a way of guaranteeing business, are allowed.
We flag our Ethical Trading commitment to our suppliers and expect them to also follow good ethical practices.